When I make plans for tomorrow, I wake up in pain.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mrs. Rat's One Year Anniversary!

One year ago today a talented and skilled Dr. placed a Bi-ventricular Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Pacemaker in Mrs. Rats chest and saved her life. It was so new it had only been approved for use on human beings the previous November. 2011. She was the first person in  the State of Nevada to receive the new and improved device.

It is about twice as big as a regular pacemaker but it does lots of stuff, including communicating wirelessly to a device on the nightstand which calls out on the telephone. It is monitored remotely once a week! Sci Fi stuff, huh? The unit only costs about $40,000.00 plus installation (surgery) hospital costs, tests, followups etc. Another $100,000.00 or so. I think that is a cheap price to pay for my very own Mrs. Rat. My veterans Insurance paid for the whole thing. Thank you , United States of America.


She is feeling better than she has felt in years. Today I will be celebrating another year with her  and I will be grateful for all the hard work and research that went into giving me my wife for another year. This is another anniversary we get to celebrate together.

Take time to hug someone you love today, I will be.

the rat

12 comments:

  1. Very pleased for you and Mrs Rat! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jules, good hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for you both, congratulations!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember it well. My goodness I can not believe a year has already gone by.

    Science does wonders these days and I am glad it gave you your lovely wife back. Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy One Year Anniversary To Mrs. Rat! I'm so happy to hear she feels so much better. Enjoy each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have much to write, except you honor her by being there. That's more than important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks to everyone for your kind words. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful!
    I'm delighted for you both.
    Hearty congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Keith. I miss hearing from you. Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. hey, good hearing from you bro. My blog is 1 1/2 yrs old. I'm fixing to get my first social security check. But damn I'm still damn good looking! ha ha ha ha ha the rat

      Delete

This blog is for Adults. I don't Have the patience for playground behavior.