Tuesday, March 11, 2014

more tests, more waiting

Well friends the adventure continues. more tests, more waiting. more frustration, more aggravation. another sleepless night. You all know I am meaner than a junk yard dog but I have to admit it, they are starting to wear me down. They got you outnumbered. It seems like the number of mindless chart readers incapable of answering even a simple question is mind blowing.

Plus there is only one of me and they got stupid and insensitive  working all three shifts. Mrs. Rat IS getting better. It reminds me of watching paint dry! Slowly. I don't remember the last time I was this tired. Hell, maybe never! Came home about 1 o'clock. stopped and got some long john silver's fish and chicken planks. took another nap. just got off the phone with the Mrs. all is well.

The heart doctor checked on her and said this had nothing to do with her heart and that was all good. He did adjust her medicines so they wouldn't interfere with her treatment for the infection. The primary care and the heart doctor talked to each other! and Moses' raised his staff and the waters parted. It's a miracle. Two doctors talked to each other! I know, frigging amazing! ha ha ha ha ha

hopefully, a word I use sparingly, tomorrow the sun will come out, tomorrow (Annie reference) and it will be a better day! sorry I am not typing very well. fingers barely work and I can't see very clearly. just wanted to say thanks to everybody checking in and offering comments and well wishes. welcome to new followers. someday I will get caught up with stuff.

good night everyone,

the rat

22 comments:

  1. sleep well friend...things will get better.
    My best to you and the Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting to old for this shit! thanks for ckecking in bro.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to read that the doctors actually communicated with each other. I hope Mrs. R is doing better, and gets to come home soon. Have a good nite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you guys. My best to you and yours as well.

      Delete
  3. Focus on the important stuff - Mrs Rat and you. And isn't it a good thing that even Junkyard Dogs have teeth. Sharp pointed ones. Which can, if necessary, give a nasty bite. And with luck, blood poisoning to the recipient.
    Two doctors talked to each other? I think that is a sleep deprivation induced hallucination. Or a miracle. One or the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actual voice communication over the phone! no one is more amazed then me! thanks for your continued support. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. As aggravating as all this is for you, Mrs.Rat is improving. That's the most important factor. Hang in there !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. occasionally hope beats crushing despair! I am afraid to get used to it in case it doesn't last, you know? thanks for your support. I really mean that.

      Delete
  5. Good to hear about her heart. Of course getting better is a good sign too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first echo they have done since her device was implanted two years ago. She is definitely improved. I don't have an ejection fraction number yet but it has improved! Looks like she has still got some living to do! thank you Kristine for all the times you have been there when I needed it. I really appreciate it and value it. my best going out to you and yours as well.

      Delete
  6. Sleep makes a huge difference, but it isn't always easy to get. Hope Mrs Rat gets better soon, and you can get some rest.
    Best wishes,
    Barb from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to have friends like you. my best to you Ms Barb and your family. My blog friends have really helped me get through some bad times and I value each and every one of you guys. .

      Delete
  7. Holding you and the Missus in my heart, rat...rest well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much sweet dragon lady! I appreciate it more than you know. hope your wrist is getting better. I must confess I haven't been keeping up on what everyone is up too. my best to you!

      Delete
  8. Mr Rat! Sorry Bro been busy not blogging but checked in on a couple of ya. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mrs Rat! I hope all goes well brother, i know you're a mean o shit but i also know she means the world to ya so prayers and positive thoughts your way!! Try to get some rest Bro,you cant help her if you fuck yourself up! Take care my friend! will check in soon..
    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks man. Boy have I got a story to tell.

      Delete
  9. As hard and difficult as it is, and I know quiet well, staying positive will make life a little more bearable and livable. Glad Mrs Rat is doing better and hope you get better, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too tired to respond to comments. I 'll get back to everyone.

      Delete
  10. Glad to hear that Mrs. Rat is feeling a bit better. Hope you will get a decent amount of sleep tonight, and that you will feel a bit better in the morning, too.

    Amazed to hear the docs talked. To each other, and to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post after a rest and tell everyone a story you won't believe! thanks

      Delete
  11. hopefully she will be home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Adults. I don't Have the patience for playground behavior.