In order to avoid any misunderstandings let me make a statement right now. I am an atheist. That simply means I don't believe in a higher power ( a god) of any kind. I think religion is the root cause of most of the problems on earth. I think most religious people are delusional. Don't be surprised if this occasionally comes up in conversation. I don't think you or your beliefs deserve special treatment because you choose to embrace a popular and comforting myth.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Another Update and Pictures! Wow!!!!

Well, I got the partition wall built finally. Not bad for a half blind crippled up old man. I could say how I used to build stuff like this in one day and now it takes four days but you guys know how it is. Going to paint next, then solar screen and finally lattice to match the rest of it. The door opening is bigger this time so I will have to modify the barn door a little to compensate. Need a 36" opening just in case. The side door leading out back is a 32" opening. Damn thing is built a lot heavier than it needs to be for a non load bearing wall but I don't know any other way to do it so...........


Went to Lowes and bought matching hardware, hinges and such. Supposed to be 110 degrees tomorrow! Still got about 6 weeks of hot weather and then back in the 90's for a month or so. Can't have to much shade!


Of course since the shed roof and walls leaked I had to shuffle some stuff around. This won't be nearly as cluttered when I get the shed wall fixed and move some stuff back in. Hell, I got room for a pool table! and a bar! Hmmmmmmm? ha ha ha ha ha


Mrs. Rat reminded me that this a holiday weekend coming up. Unofficial end of summer for you folks that own snow shovels. Kids are back in school and Walmart will have Halloween stuff out next week probably! ha ha ha ha ha

This is it for August. Have a great weekend and be safe,

the rat

20 comments:

  1. It is looking great.
    For a bashed up grumpy cripple you do amazing work.
    I hope you are proud of yourself - and I know Mrs Rat is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it is getting harder every year! ha ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  2. Over engineering is a vanishing art in this age of planned obsolescence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use nails to hold things in place while I screw it together. I usually dip the screws in liquid nail first. I love using framing brackets in certain applications. It ain't a piano, it's a wall. ha ha ha ha ha thanks!

      Delete
  3. Projects always end up twice as long as I have planned.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure I will be done with my current projects about the time I hit 100 yrs old! ha ha ha ha ha Guess I can retire then! ha ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  4. I've noticed that a lot of people spend their time on the internet, self-promoting themselves regarding what they've done to prepare for what may, or may not happen, while their houses fall apart from neglect.

    You throw yourself into keeping a solidly beautiful home for your wife, and tending to what is happening NOW. There's few able bodied men who would do half the work you've done, then have to do it AGAIN.

    You are an artist with wood and nail. (pardon me. I meant "screws and liquid nails").

    I built the most beautiful window frames in the sunroom up home, and I did all of it using Liquid Nails. The next owner of the house practically had to tear the wall down just to remove the frames. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just a handyman. I do like to build stuff "sturdy". thanks for the praise.

      Delete
    2. You neglect to add that you build stuff PURTY. And now I see Whisper Mist is hinting for a game of pool. Count me in cuz I can take her down with 8 ball. I be gud at dat game.

      Delete
    3. Want to play for money? I spent most of my life drinking for free in bars! ha ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  5. Hi Mr. Rat. Good hearing you're okay. You've been busy and making steady progress by the looks of things. Super ! Can I rent that room once our snow flies .... Lol !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can put your pillow and sleeping bag on the pool table at night! ha ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  6. Hey, I play a mean game of billiards, so balls to the walls and let's go ! Hahahaha !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at what Lotta Joy said. She is talking shit! about your game! ha ha ha ha ha

      Delete
    2. Go big or go home both of ya!!! Oh, you ARE home Rat. Nevermind. The house never loses.

      Delete
  7. Nah, we got this game in the bag ! She's just dreamin ... hahahaha !

    ReplyDelete
  8. "8 ball, corner pocket". *swack* done. "Turn out the lights and shut the door on your way out. I OWN this pool table now. Hey Mrs. Rat! Let's party! I'm rich!" heh heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, like I have always said, " don't let nothing but fear and good sense stop you from trying!". ha ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  9. It is looking good. You are so lucky to have building skills.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for Adults. I don't Have the patience for playground behavior.