Thursday, February 23, 2017

Being Thankful

I don't understand people. I am so grateful for what I have. I see people with good health and happy and secure home life, a nice standard of living and they are miserable. Everyday they rant and rave about politics or the economy or something.

I wonder what would it take to make them happy? Everyday I get up, grit my teeth as I get my legs drug off the side of the bed, sit there for a few minutes waiting to see if feeling is going to return so I can stagger to the bathroom. I still have both legs. A lot of people don't. I can still walk a little bit and I am grateful for that. A lot of people can't.

Even with the aches and pains and aggravation I know I got it better than a lot of people and I am so grateful for my life. I have Mrs. Rat. A lot of people are alone. I could make it through this life alone but I sure wouldn't want too! Some folks only have a little dog or a cat for someone to talk to at home. Once again, I am so grateful for what I have.

Count your blessings. I guarantee you , you are better off than some poor soul who is happy with what he has. If nothing else, you woke up alive! You get to live another day! A lot of people don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why comment at all if you can't say something nice?