Saturday, February 25, 2017

"Tiptoe through the minefield,"

Whenever I sit down to write a post I hear Tiny Tim singing Tiptoe through the Tulips in my head. I change the lyrics to the song and it goes like this:

"Tiptoe through the minefield,
in the minefield that is where I'll be
come tiptoe through the minefield with me!😊"

I can't seem to say "good morning" without pissing someone off! Quite a talent when you think of it. I wish I could figure out a way to make a few bucks with it but so far zip!

If someone ever took into consideration how I feel and cut me just a little bit of slack I would probably die of a stroke and then all your problems with me would be over.

I'm not liberal enough for the pussy liberals, I ain't hard core enough for the "I'm a man, I work for a living" Republicans. I think tea baggers were a special kind of stupid. Religious fanatics should at least read the bible once before they start strutting around like it was them on the cross instead of the Lord. Can't wait to see the comments over that one!!

I miss church! I used to enjoy looking at all the women dressed up! Singing hymns! Having the hell scared out of me! But when I prayed the night of my wife's first stroke to please let  her by alright and I realized I was looking up at the sky and no one was listening, something in me broke. I just never could give it another chance after that. Maybe "the truth" had set me free!

My wife survived thanks to a device put in her chest. (science) saved her life. she still has stage 4 heart failure and copd and uses fulltime oxygen and takes 10 pills and 2 inhalers everyday!

I don't want to argue with anyone. Life is a son of a bitch and sometimes you just want to lie down and die. I been there. I know how it is. If talking to god? makes it easier than quit reading this and go pray right now! I won't say anything. Just don't make me out to be some kind of evil monster cause I can't buy into it anymore.

It says in the bible that god will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. I Corinthians 10:13. Well in my particular case someone dropped the ball! My wife had a stroke, I lost my daughter. I tore my bicep muscle. I lost my stepfather.My pain got worse. I lost my mother. My wife had more strokes. My leg became paralyzed. My cat died. My son died of cancer.I got two hernias.  My wife needed another operation. Somewhere in the middle of all that "was more than I could bear!" I gave up on god, he gave up on me. I don't know and don't care who went first.

anyway there's my explanation for that.

enjoy your day.

6 comments:

  1. I agree. It is funny you should mention the part about god not giving you more than you can handle because my co-worker (who is agnostic) and I were just talking about that "saying" this past week. And we BOTH agreed that it is complete and utter bullshit naturally.

    Anyway, haters will always be haters so who pays them any mind anyhow? I know that I certainly do not waste my time on their nonsense. We are all in this thing called life together and as I am getting older I am realizing it NEVER gets easier. So, we do our best and get through as best we can I suppose.

    I hope you and Mrs. Rat have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was riding on an airplane once with a plump lady sitting at the window seat and me in the middle. She seemed nervous so I ask "fly much?" she said "no, this is my first time" I said, "I fly all the time, it will be fine" she said what would happen with this window suddenly cracked?" I said the cabin would lose pressure until you got sucked into the hole, then you would plug the leak and save the rest of us!" She fainted. Sometimes honesty is not the best policy! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a religious free agent. no religion has offered a good enough contract to sign up. so far they all want me to quit having fun and kick up a bunch of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! they are going to have to come up with a better god if they want me to get on the bandwagon. good seeing you here!

      Delete