Saturday, March 25, 2017

A post for Saturday!

Sometimes it is difficult to make a point without being labeled. I talk about trying to be nice and suddenly I have become "a big ole fat softy". Perhaps. If I think you deserve kindness, then I am kind. If you don't deserve it, you don't get any from me. This notion of loving "unconditionally" has always struck me as delusional. My love is conditional. You have to have certain redeeming qualities in order for me to care about you. If you don't possess any worthwhile attributes then the best you can hope for from me is tolerance. I'll ignore you if at all possible.

This notion that everyone deserves equal treatment would be easier to swallow if everyone were "equal". They are not. Some people are stupid! No amount of loving kindness will ever change the fact that they can barely function without supervision. Some people are belligerent assholes and if we were being honest the best thing for them would be to get hit real hard in the head with a rock !

Some people seem to think that for whatever reason they are entitled to special treatment! Of course, you could just lump them altogether into one big pile and call them delusional but we humans like to put everything into a neat pile and label each little thing individually while we are being judgmental. I like to separate my crazies the same way you do laundry. The delicates should be separate from the regular wash. Colors and whites shouldn't mix. You get what I'm saying here!

The people who annoy me the most are the ones with an agenda to advance. I don't really care what particular "cause" has got your panties in a bunch. They are all pretty much the same. Gay rights, black lives matter, A Free Tibet, save the whales, or global warming . Regardless of how worthwhile your particular cause may be, becoming a bothersome pain in the ass about it will not help the situation any and in most cases does more harm than good.

I care about our Earth a great deal. But I am not egotistical enough to think that the Earth needs my help to survive! I live in harmony as much as I can but it is out of respect, not some misplaced notion I am saving anything!  The Earth has been around for 4.5 billion years approximately . If our bad habits threaten it , then it is us, humanity that should be worried.

We have forsaken very reliable instincts and embraced "feelings" instead. This has lead to all manner of suffering. We try to be so much more than we are and the strain is destroying us. We were meant to go barefoot in the grass and dance around the fire! Plant gardens and make babies and watch them both grow.

Peace!

14 comments:

  1. Going barefoot in fireant country is inviting some spontaneous wild dancing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Although it is possible to go barefoot in the desert if you watch where you step. ha ha ha

      Delete
  2. I wore my Crocs last time I was in the TX desert I came home with 2 tiny thorns in my feet. Luckily my wife is handy with tweezers and a needle while I yelp in pain like a 5 yr old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there are advantages to having neuropathy. I get things in my feet and I can't feel it. I do have to inspect my feet and look for injuries on a regular basis so I don't get something infected. I had a shoe with a nail sticking through the bottom for days before I saw blood on my sock and found the nail.

      Delete
  3. Couldn't have said it better myself ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about an article I want to call "common sense paganism" Maybe a few articles. Some Pagans want recognition and equal standing with the other religions. I don't want to be equal with something inferior. I don't wish to be put in the same category with dogmas that advocate intolerance and bigotry and violence. We Pagans are better people than that or should be. Pagans need to realize that the purpose of ritual is to draw closer to nature and in the process draw closer to our nature in the process. We have lost an important part of ourselves living in a plastic throwaway world.

      Delete
    2. Quite so. Many years back, when more of my wiccan an pagans friends wished to join me in our celebration sabbats and such, we would hold our lovely honoring rituals out in my backyard as to be closer to nature. But as years wet by, it ended up just being my sister Robin (Aurora Skye) and myself and so we just honor privately in our own little way in my altar room downstairs. It is all in how you wish to worship and honor. To each their own. Whether it is simple or in a coven-like setting, it is up to the individual. I do agree that the "frill" is not necessary but it can serve as an atmosphere setting of sorts for some.

      Delete
    3. OH dear, I hope you approve of my latest post. I didn't mean for it to sound mean spirited. I just want everyone to get outside where Nature is and not hide behind the decorations and books. I for one am always happier outside! A little shade, a slight breeze, something cool to drink, the birds singing. It doesn't get any better than that without involving nudity! ha ha ha ha

      Delete
    4. LOL! No worries! I JUST got finished reading your latest post and it makes a lot of sense. I understand exactly what you are saying. :)

      Delete
    5. I added a graphic from Scott Cunningham.

      Delete
  4. yeah, in the grand scheme of things it's not going to take the earth very long to heal itself after we die off. but i do hope that we don't poison the oceans too much and kill the whales before we depart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly agree with that. I like to hear those tapes of whales talking to each other. Calms the nerves. I wish humanity would treat the earth better but it won't.

      Delete
  5. I agree. I easily get labeled grumpy or mean because I don't fall in line with what others are thinking or doing right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like I am in one of those alien movies where everyone has hatched from a pod and just walk around with a silly grin on their face looking human. When someone does something human like comfort a child they all point and let out a scream! Being honest and genuine is getting harder all the time.

      Delete