Saturday, March 4, 2017

Back home from the VA

I guess I will write a post about my doctor's visit. Another exam, talked about meds scheduled another couple of tests, more blood work! They should figure out everything wrong with me in time for me to die! ha ha ha ha

Neuropathy is spreading. Now it is showing up in my arms too! Neurologist doesn't know why but he is determined to figure it out if it kills me. ha ha ha Discovered yesterday I can no longer close my eyes and touch my nose! I miss by several inches. Have no balance either. I guess I'd fail a sobriety check stone sober.ha ha ha ha

Anyway another NCV/EMG scheduled. This one for my arms. I hate those. They hurt! It will be a couple of months so at least the weather will be nice for the next trip. This is the windy time of year and the bad for people with allergies. I walk around for a month looking like I am about to cry and blowing my nose about dozen times a day! At least the rest of the year in the desert is great, once you get past spring.

Being serious for a second. The VA takes excellent care of me, and the majority of the people working for the VA genuinely care about us veterans. Sure there have been some problems a few places but I have been taken care of by them for over 20 years and they are as good or better than civilian health care in my opinion.

I got back home and went to bed and slept 10 hours! Starving! talk to you guys later....

6 comments:

  1. Very happy to hear about your VA clinic. They should be AT LEAST as good as civilian health care.

    Glad your experience was a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neuropathy is getting worse and there is no cure. Hell, they don't even know for sure what caused it. Someday soon, I will sit down and not be able to get back up! Such is life!

      Delete
  2. I had one of those tests several years ago. For me the electric pulses that make your muscles twitch are not as bad as the electric needles stuck into you arm and leg muscles.
    One time they dissected a small piece of my calf muscle to do some kind of a DNA test. There were no useful results and it was just too expensive to try another test. They were able to have my insurance pay the $600 for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had these tests several times and I agree the Nerve conduction test isn't to bad. It's the EMG that hurts me like hell! I had back spasms so bad the doctor had to stop the test and massage my back to get me to quit screaming. I hurt for days afterward. I am getting my arms done this next time. My first time for the arms and I am hoping it doesn't hurt as bad as the legs did. I have progressed to the sock and glove scenerio where the legs are as messed up as they are going to get and it is starting in my arms now. My days of walking are about over. I am falling down more often now and have no balance left at all. The VA is free for me so I don't have the financial burden some of these tests cause. Small blessing I suppose. good hearing from you John..

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry your neuropathy is getting worse, I hope they can figure out what is causing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth is if you have Aids or Diabetes or Parkinsons disease neuropathy is explainable. Most severe alcoholics have it. Vitamin B deficiency causes it. I am one of the majority who have it and they don't know what caused it. My blood work comes back normal for most everything. Of course there is Agent Orange exposure. But the VA likes to argue about that. They have already pretty much decided mines incurable so we just do the best we can with what we got and keep on truckin'

      Delete

If you disagree, your views would be very much sought after! I value your point of view even if it is different from mine! thanks for your comment!