Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Changing Priorities.

I had a post up for about 12 hours where I shared my views on Las Vegas getting the Oakland Raiders football team. Truth is: I don't care. It didn't ring true to me so I hit the delete button.

As I grow older my interests have narrowed. Oh, I still enjoy a television show or a movie but they have returned to where they belong, the category of distractions. A temporary escape from the things you do care about.

I watched as the news was announced and the fanatics jumped up and down for joy, acting like they had witnessed a miracle. It's just a football team! for goodness sake! A game! Now if you choose to elevate a silly game to the same level as a religious sect that is entirely up to you! I however, can not in good conscious  join the ranks of the sports fanatics and go wild!

I can sit for hours making a birdhouse. I don't require anyone's approval. It is not a matter of life or death. Perhaps a discriminating bird will come along and choose to occupy it while they are here or perhaps it will remain empty. But I will have had the enjoyment of making it and will enjoy it every time I go out back and see it!

I have reached the point where the keyboard and the screen are not meeting my needs. I have to go get dirty, smell sawdust, spend an afternoon sharpening my drill bits. Drawing a design for my next project or listening to the oldies station on my shop radio. Sawdust and AC/DC go together! ha ha ha

This is a much better post.

10 comments:

  1. Potting soil, peat moss, and Henry Mancini for me yesterday while planting my bucket tomato plants.

    (Though ZZ Top would do just as well)

    I too don't give a "rat's ass" about football/sports hysteria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds good. My miniature fruit trees got feed and pruned a little. I don't let them outgrow their pot! ZZ is at the top of my list of favorites too!

      Delete
  2. Sawdust and AC/DC DO go together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is starting to look good. It's almost time to go back to work. I may try and put down more patio pavers this spring. I usually can do 5 a day! IN a couple of weeks I've covered a pretty good area.

      Delete
  3. Sports teams are just another business like Walmart is a business. I have no interest in sports businesses and their stupid promotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I don't get it. Grown men crying like babies because their team is leaving and going where the money is! People in Vegas act like it is the second coming! I watch football on television but I ain't crazy?

      Delete
  4. I love that you listen to AC/DC. I listen to all kinds but mostly Rock. I watch very little TV these days. I spend a lot of time reading and making beaded jewelry. I spend a fair amount of time online but I chat with a lot of family on FB. I don't watch sports at all so I really didn't care about the Raiders coming here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to all kinds of "good" music. Black Sabbath to Beethoven! ha ha ha As far as the Raiders go, It is going to be a long three years with everyone talking about it incessantly.

      Delete
  5. Been in Oregon seeing my oldest and his wife. Of crouse there dog Boo and Cat Emma.
    I'm a little strange My interest has gotten bigger. I'll have to live well over 100 to experence all of them.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already had a pretty exciting life. I mostly like quiet things now. I like working on my family tree. I like working in my shop and fixing up my old motor home. I am getting to where I want to spend less and less time on the computer and more time living. I'll be 66 on Friday. Few things left on my bucket list. Some places here in America I would like to visit again if I get a chance. I been to Oregon. Beautiful country up around The Dalles and the Columbia River Gorge area. .

      Delete