Thursday, March 16, 2017

Grayson's doctor called and had good news.

Grayson's doctor called and had good news. Two of his readings that were dangerously high have come back down to normal levels and the other important reading is holding steady. He has gained almost half a pound and his blood pressure is better. The special (expensive as hell) diet is working! He is playing everyday now, got a cat toy with a bunch of feathers on a cord and the Mrs. drags it around and he attacks it!

He has also started to wonder around the house again and pick out new spots to claim for his own. I found him in my closet laying on top of a old pair of boots laying on their side. I think he likes the leather smell. He is doing pretty good for a cat that qualifies as a senior citizen! It makes us very happy to see him doing better than when we brought him home.

Not much else to talk about. Oh, I joined the American Legion since they are a big deal in Laughlin. Got my pin and membership card in the mail today.   Someplace to get a cold beer on a hot day! I am already a life member of the Disabled American Veterans.

Nothing else to talk about right now. Trying to straighten up my desk. I have found receipts for crap I bought 3 years ago if that gives you a hint how often I clean up! ha ha ha ha  Pills are hitting me extra hard tonight! I got to go hit the rack.

later friends!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the good news on Grayson the wonder cat! Our sweet Midnight is very sick and we had him to the vet this morning because he wasn't eating well and he was losing a lot of weight. They are worried about his kidneys and are doing blood tests right now. They gave us a pill to help his appetite and also a pill for his upset stomach. The pills seem to be working for the time being but that only relieves the symptoms. We are very worried about him.

    Anyway, I hope you have a great week, Mr. Rat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should look up diet for cats with kidney problems on Google. The things most cats like (protein) are bad for cats with kidney problems. We had to fix Grayson's hairball problem before we could tackle his kidney trouble. Keep loving Midnight and stay positive. Sometimes cats can surprise you!

      Delete
  2. Oh and BTW, your Sugar was absolutely beautiful! Was she a Siamese??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part Siamese part Burmese. She was fairly large and very protective. I had to warn visitors that she didn't let strangers pet her. she didn't like children but loved babies! I miss her everyday.....

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear Mr Cat is doing good. Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MsDora! Grayson says "thanks" too!

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear that Grayson is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mary! Good news from a doctor twice this month! Wow!

      Delete

Why comment at all if you can't say something nice?