Monday, March 6, 2017

Integrity-Ever hear if it?

I am going to write this the best that I can. I will probably be misunderstood and what I say here will be twisted to mean something I don't intend for it to mean but what the hell! I have been wrongly judged in the past, called a liar, accused of all manner of dishonesty by those who practice such things and went to throw off the scent from themselves.

I have never lied on my taxes. Never. I was an only child. I never had a brother or sister to blame. I took responsibility for my actions even as a young child. It wasn't deliberate but I grew up with quite a bit of integrity. I didn't lie in the military, didn't pass the buck, try and cover my ass. If it was my fault I took the blame. If my ego was damaged if that was the price of being honest, I paid the price.

I'm not perfect. Not by any stretch of the imagination but I try harder than most to be honest and live with integrity. I look around and I see cheaters and liars everywhere. Doesn't matter who gets harmed as long as the liar protects his own egotistical ass!. I won't do that. I didn't realize until pretty late in life that most people are two faced hypocrites and lie through their teeth all the time and that is considered "normal".

Even if you are fairly honest in your dealings with others, you lie to yourself, wear a mask, pretend to be someone you're not. Play act instead of being genuine. Why hide? I would rather be loved for myself by one person than be loved by the whole world for being who I'm not.

I suppose the really good liars go into politics. I suspicion that there are few honest rich people. False advertising is nothing more that professional, college educated lying. Cheating in sports, the Olympics, the local poker game is routine. Cheating is so common that an "honest" game is advertised as a lure to get you involved.

My disgust and loathing for the liars and cheats and hypocrites of this world who have no integrity grows each day. False reporting, false advertising, false claims, slanted and biased to promote a certain agenda and bearing little resemblance to the facts has become common place. False modesty is the biggest camouflage of dishonesty there is I think.

So spare me the shit eating grin of the used car salesman and the vigorous handshake of the political candidate and just look me in the eye and tell me the god damned fucking truth! I may not like what I hear but I will respect you for saying it.

6 comments:

  1. One thing we have in-common that we're both only child. I don't know if it was every came across this as only child...People think your spoil, got every thing you want. And never had any type of house hold chores.
    Well I wish your day is blessed.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are stupid! They usually have an opinion about something they know nothing about. I think people who have brothers and sisters get to be children longer. Those of us who grow up alone grow up quicker. I never was much for playing with others. I would rather be playing with my dog or helping my mom. good hearing from you MsDora. I hope you have a great day as well.

      Delete
  2. Unless you are the oldest of 6 kids, then you get to be the mom at an early age. I really think many people in any position of power are either narcissists or sociopaths, or a combination of the two.... I have done a great deal of reading on this because of a family situation.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know anything about the family dynamic anymore. I liked spending time with my mom and dad.Especially my dad because he wasn't home as much as my mom. I posted about lying and I think how you are raised has a lot to do with it.

      Delete
  3. spin doctors are taking over. when i started working 40 years ago we handled all the complaints from customers and disciplined staff ourselves. now the "communications" team handle all complaints and h.r. handle all staff problems. the world has changed but they gave us big screen tv's and cars with phones and entertainment centers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you are saying. I think there are people whose only job is to make excuses and lie and coverup for others. The veterans administration for example. When is the last time you heard someone admit to not knowing something? I say "I don't know" if I don't know. People look at me funny. I say, would you rather I feed you some bullshit?

      Delete