Translate

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Not a harley, but it will have to do!

Today was a beautiful day! The temperature reached 90 degrees for a few hours in the afternoon with a slight breeze. I decided to get out my mobility scooter and go cruise around the neighborhood.

This is my mobility scooter:

Mine has mirrors and a rear basket if you need it. It also has a cane holder strapped to the seat so you can have it with you if you decide to stand up for a few minutes. It has a 16 mile range and goes about 5 miles an hour on flat ground. My fat ass weighs in at around 300 lbs. so that is pretty good!

This was prescribed for my by the VA doctor after I was evaluated. The neuropathy is progressive so it was only a matter of time till I would have to rely on this scooter more and more. This year is looking like it will be the year I start transporting it around and using it in stores.

I have a nice lift in my van ( I bought myself) although the VA  would have furnished me a lift if I had needed one. I like having the mobility scooter inside the van rather that hanging off the back. It is more secure, it doesn't get as dirty and the desert sun doesn't beat down on it all day. I lucked out and the Van is the same color as the scooter so it looks like I did it on purpose!.

I would rather be able to go for walks but since I can't it is nice to have a way to get out and cruise around the neighborhood.

the rat

6 comments:

  1. Living thru it all has it's costs it seems. But it could be worse... Enjoy Sunday Mr Rat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yeah, it could be a lot worse. Hell, my scars look like a Rand McNally road atlas. When the doctors see my x rays they want to meet me! ha ha ha They ask me if I was a rodeo star? They say they have never seen anything like my x rays on a living human being! ha ha ha ha I enjoy the hell out of everyday! thanks for stopping by Rob.....

      Delete
  2. When I gardened public places, my company car was a '62 Ford tractor and I always wished it had a seat as comfortable-looking as your scooter. I guess machinery designers are just more humane than they used to be. Good thing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a damn comfortable seat. Which is good because the damn thing don't have shocks.!!!!!ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  3. My mom and great uncle had one as well and they would race each other on the way to the store. Their stories cracked me up because my great uncle was in his 80's and would run into fences, mail boxes and shrubs. He thought it was funny as all heck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a YouTube video of how to make it go faster! I think I will leave that part alone. I would like to install a cup holder! ha ha ha ha

      Delete