Thursday, March 30, 2017

tomorrow is my birthday! whoopee!

Tomorrow is my birthday.  I will have completed 66 years on earth and will be starting on year number 67. I suppose pausing to reflect back is only natural. I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! 😏

I have tried on a lot of different disguises throughout the years, trying to find one that felt comfortable enough to be permanent. No such luck so far. I still look in the mirror and don't recognize the individual staring back. Who the hell am I? At this inning of the game does it really matter that much? Did it ever matter?

I realize that there are lots of people my age who feel worse than me. I hate it when I comment on an ache or pain and get 15 comments about how others are suffering worse. It is not a competition to see who suffers the most. I am just trying to point out that it is not the year of the vehicle that matters, it is the amount of miles. I have suffered considerable "wear and tear" and my blue book value is shit!

I know! maybe I'm having a male menopausal crisis! After all, I have the testosterone levels of a dead man! Never was much of a cave man. I always loved women but all that "macho bullshit" always struck me as "over compensating" for a low sense of self esteem. How many guns and girly pictures does it take to compensate for a short "ego"? Another post, another time.

Anyway, I won't be around tomorrow. I have to go out to eat and celebrate I suppose. The Mrs. thinks it is necessary. I would just as soon stay home and order a pizza.

Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations. The OFM is 5.5 years older and has a blue book value of negative numbers. But we are both still here stinking up the place. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends birthday is also tomorrow. Hope it's a happy one and every day is blessed.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day Rat. Glad to have you around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, my dear friend Mr. Rat!!! May your day be filled with happiness and many blessed moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun, in the sun! But then maybe you do that everyday. Happy birthday, Rat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the day! Happy Bithday!

    ReplyDelete

If you disagree, your views would be very much sought after! I value your point of view even if it is different from mine! thanks for your comment!