Saturday, April 1, 2017

Birthday spent hunkered down at home!

Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! 😊

I got my wish and got to stay home! We experienced high winds ( I mean like 80 mph high!). Dust storm you wouldn't believe, downed power lines and blown over trees, 4 semi tractor trailers were blown over closing the interstate for awhile. Lots of signs broken and trash everywhere.

Of course when the power goes out the traffic signals don't work either so you got to get a policeman with a couple of concrete blocks tied to his ass to stand in the intersection because people are to stupid or to stubborn to get the hell off the roads. The police are great! Bless them!

Worse wind I've seen in 5 or 6 years. Hey! the wind blows in the desert. Usually not 80 god damned miles per hour but the weather people warned us to stay indoors. The cell phone alarms went off to warn you so if you were out trying to move about it was your own fault.

The locals know what a "wind advisory" is and when they hear the words "wind warning" they leave their car in the carport or garage. Since my Pizza parlor is less than half a mile from my house I got the kid to bring me and the Mrs. a couple of mediums. Cable TV stayed on so we sat and watched TV and ate Pizza.

I"ll  go out to eat sometime this week. NO big deal!

12 comments:

  1. Sound like a quite evening, and you spent it with your sweet heart. I bet you couldn't ask for any better birthday gift.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true! anytime I spend with my sweet baby is a good time! ha ha

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you. It's easy. All you have to do is stay alive! ha ha ha

      Delete
  3. A quiet night a home with your loved one, a delicious pizza and the telly? Sounds like a pretty perfect birthday evening (winds aside) to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized I am a full fledged senior citizen! Imagine that.......

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    Those winds were crazy! My power went out for 5 hours that night and my windows were really rattling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To much stuff was blowing around to go anywhere! I didn't even put my trash out. It will wait til next week. ha ha

      Delete
  5. Well Happy Birthday Rat!
    The good thing about the 80mph winds was it helped you blow out the, what is it now, 70 candles! ha :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only 66 candles so far! good seeing you here Mike.

      Delete