Friday, April 21, 2017

Car Insurance is Evil!

Insurance in general is evil. They are betting you won't need it, you are betting you might. Of course, here in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave insurance is "mandatory" if you want to drive a vehicle you must carry liability insurance. If you buy a new vehicle they will  rape you in your anus  for full coverage until you pay the vehicle off! Sure hope that new car smell is worth it!

My insurance has gone up over 100 dollars in less than 18 months. I haven't had an accident, gotten a ticket, filed a claim, I have excellent credit, and I am old, a homeowner and should get some decent rates. Nope! It started out pretty good. Then the following six months it went up 55 dollars. Then another six months went by and it went up another 55 dollars. Enough!

I went to my insurance broker and told him I had two increases in a year and I haven't put enough miles on the vehicle to need an oil change yet! He tried to sweet talk me about the perils of not having enough insurance. Hell! If you are found to be at fault you don't have enough insurance no matter how much you got. You're screwed! Period.. That simple. I'm a white American. I have to obey the law. The low lifes and the "undocumented " don't worry about shit like that but I have to!

I informed him the insurance company had gone to far and to reduce my insurance to the absolute least amount required by law and not one cent more! It dropped 260 dollars for 6 months. A savings of over 520 dollars a year. I then reduced the coverage on my 22 yr old motorhome and saved a few more bucks there! 520 dollars is a lot of money when you are retired. You know how much red wine you can buy with 520 bucks? ha ha ha ha

It is ironic that now that I can afford brand new vehicles I choose to buy used instead. Another example of common sense outweighing the need to show off! I would rather waste my money on cable television and pizza than drive around in a brand new shiny over priced car the must be fully insured!

8 comments:

  1. One time I decided to get an accident policy from Aflac through my work, not something I'd usually buy. It was one of those policies where if you break your arm you get x amount of dollars.....if you break your leg you get x amount of dollars etc. I don't know what possessed me to get it, but I did. The policy was on my daughter and it was like 17 bucks a month. About a week after getting it my daughter while at cheer leading practice injured her knee. The school paid all her medical bills including her physical therapy. The Aflac policy paid me 1800 bucks. The day I got the check I canceled the policy. That's probably the only time an insurance company paid more money to me/for me than I've paid them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Occasionally we get over on the establishment and it's a good feeling!

      Delete
  2. Paid our vehicle insurance today. Thankful had the money...But since we're taking about insurance I need to grumble to a bit...hope you don't mind...Everytime we get our vehicle insurance we get a notice saying...since do to your low credit rating you can't have cut in your rate....I just looked at my credit rating it 791 and 850 is top. Never had a claim on my home owner insurance and that one keeps going up.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate insurance companies! If you ever do need to file a claim for something they act like you are a criminal. They will try and cheat you any chance they get. My insurance on my house has gone up every year for the last 5 years and I have never filed a claim. Damned crooks!

      Delete
  3. I have 5 different cars and one motorcycle insured (all just state minimum - used cars) but only 2 drivers in the house. Why don't they offer a policy for the most "wreck prone" vehicle and charge me for that - no matter which car I drive? I can only drive one car at a time. NO WAY....Ins industry has the law makers in tow with large donations and bribes. It'll never change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you feel about health insurance, medicare, va benefits and all that but if the insurance companies went away and quit trying to take their cut out of the middle, folks would be better off. I pay Medicare Part B every month and have never used it! But if I am away from home and have a heart attack or fall down and break something, at least I won't go bankrupt going to the emergency room. damn greedy bastards!

      Delete
  4. I agree. It doesn't really make sense to by a new vehicle when they depreciate as soon as you drive off the lot with them. My brother just bought a new truck and we even pointed out that he could save a lot by buying a gently used one but he wouldn't her of it. He wanted a new one because he could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ego is expensive. I guess if he would keep it till it fell apart and get his money's worth out of it that would be one thing. But it sounds like he will trade it back in for something shiny in a few years and the next owner will get a nice truck at a fair price! Can't argue with ego.

      Delete

If you disagree, your views would be very much sought after! I value your point of view even if it is different from mine! thanks for your comment!