Thursday, April 13, 2017

I wish everyone peace.

We live in a world where everyone talks about peace and love and god but deep down they are self centered, egotistical, selfish and angry. It is this basic dishonesty that is the source of most of the world's problems.

War mongers need to quit pretending to be religious. They are not kind. They don't forgive. They are not tolerant of other people's differences. They judge, they make comparisons, they bully and hide behind some misguided self righteousness while doing it.

Why so angry? What does what I say have to do with the way someone else treated you in the past. That is the source of your anger and you just take it out on me when I say something you don't like.

I'm very sorry your mommy didn't give you enough hugs, or your father was an abusive dick! Whatever the reason for your anger. I really am. but it is not my fault and I am not going to be treated like it is. I advocate peace and love and kindness and sharing and non violence and a calmer saner nicer world to live in. Why be mad at me.?

Inside each one of us there is infinite possibilities. We can change the world if we change ourselves. A helping hand is better than a fist. Love is better than war. I used to be a monster. I was mean with a capital M. I found a better way to be and to live. Why come here to my blog and attack me? What do you hope to accomplish with this behavior? I forgive you, you understand. I forgive you!

I sincerely hope someday you will find some peace.

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, you are correct. Folks are by nature self centered. It is why wars occur, as you alluded to.... It is profitable.

    Over the years after many hurtful things I have had to experience (there are joys as well, but that is for another comment) I have come to my own personal realization the really the only thing I can do regarding hurts individually or globally is to try my damndest to try to be the kind, considerate person I would like to be. Am I such a person? Unfortunately I fail frequently. But, the thing I do is to always keep at the forefront of my mind that I can always try to be the kind, considerate, helpful person I *want* to be. By my at least keeping the thought that I can *try* to be better, I do find I have more successes in being what I should be than I would otherwise.

    This is not particularly insightful, I realize, but it does give me a framework to follow. For me, frameworks and patterns are comforting, and help. Even though foolish, my indulgence in pipes and pipe tobacco for me is such a pattern. It gives me a sense of continuity (my father was a pipe smoker) and it is a routine that feels comfortable in my day-to-day life. So, the patterns and the continuity help me even though I know intellectually it is a stupid thing for me to engage in. That is why, I believe I have not been successful if my tries at giving it up. It is not the nicotine (which I admittedly enjoy), because I could obtain that through a gum or other methods I have tried. No, it is the less tangible aspects of

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...pattern and continuity that keep me indulging. But, that is just how it is.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit tobacco over 20 years ago. I am in the process of quitting drinking. I have cut way down and now limit myself to an occasional glass of wine. Compared to a fifth of whiskey everyday I consider that a triumph in self control. I don't expect human nature to change. But I do believe with a little effort we don't have to behave like savages.

      Delete