Thursday, April 6, 2017

It has been a few days..........

Hello Everyone!
.
It's been a few days since my last post. You know how it is, you get busy paying the bills at the first of the month, go grocery shopping, throw in a doctor's appointment and some lab work and suddenly 4 or 5 days have gone by and you haven't kept up with your blog. Oh well, refunds are in the mail! ha ha ha

Went out to eat finally with the Mrs. to the Lodge Steakhouse at the Laughlin Lodge. Wonderful place with great food and a beautiful view of the river while you eat. Make sure you look at the dessert and coffee menu after your meal. Live entertainment in the form of a classical style guitarist. Strong drinks and good service. If you ever come to Laughlin treat yourself to the Lodge Steakhouse.

Still having trouble with my ear. I will have to go back to the doctor. It still "rings" and the headaches are intense. Beautiful weather in the 80's. Weather is back to normal for this time of year. So is the wind. It still blows but not strong enough to blow anything down or uproot trees! I'll try and get another post put together real soon, perhaps this weekend.

later,

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a great place to eat!
    I often skip a few days between posts myself.
    Hope your ear is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! congrats on Miss Hamptons arrival!

      Delete
  2. I've never been there but I don't get out much these days. The beginning of the month is the same for me. I had a ringing in my ears that turned out to be Tinnitus. Yay for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My whole world is the Laughlin area. I have been pretty much everywhere else I ever wanted to go and I am happy having a home area. I have beautiful weather and a gorgeous river running through the middle of my area. Great stores and restaurants. Laughlin is great and smaller and less hectic than Vegas. I only go to Vegas for doctor's visits. The ear thing is getting bothersome. I need to do something. Oh well, hurry up and wait I guess.

      Delete
  3. Hey Mohaverat:

    Happy belated birthday!!!! I see you have a new photo up. It looks nice. Good 'stache! I have been letting my beard and mustache grow longer than my usual (usually I keep the about 1 inch or so). I have probably doubled that and look much more woodsy and less "professorial". I've told a few folks that I was channeling my inner "Jack Elam" but no one under 50 understood the reference. :) But, surprisingly, I have over the last two months, had at least 15-20 compliments about it. One student of mine working at the campus Starbucks even told me I was really "rockin' out" my beard and mustache. I was a little embarased but actually flattered about the positive attention.

    It is actually feeling like Spring may really be ready to START here! It is almost 50 degrees!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet wife bought me a beard trimmer that works extremely well. I don't have many pictures of me with my beard yet but will probably upgrade my profile picture when I get one. The picture at the top of the page is taken right here in my area. We have the wonderful Colorado river flowing through the center of our community. It hit 90 degrees here already. I have had a mustache since I was old enough to grow one. The few times I shaved it off I met with outrage and distrust like somehow I was a different person. I think if I shaved it off and refused to grow it back my wife would leave me! ha ha

      Delete

No negativity! No snide remarks or insults. Just be nice and I'll gladly post your comments.