Sunday, May 14, 2017

Empathy-Some have it, some don't......

I never realized that there were so many people in the world incapable of empathy. They can't share your feelings. They think that if you say you are hurting, you are lying about it. If you say you are depressed you are just being weak in their view.

They can't bring themselves to acknowledge how lucky they are never to have experienced similar circumstances. It's all about being "tough" as far as they are concerned. How sad. I feel. I am a man and yet I have feelings too! Feelings beside anger and intolerance. I have been dirt poor and now I have a little bit and I am very thankful.

I have had physical problems. I still have physical problems but I manage. I feel empathy for the poor souls I meet who are struggling with their health issues. Why can't people just be nice? I'll never understand it. Instead of empathy for those poor souls who are suffering these individuals make it into some kind of competition. They say shit like " I feel great and you don't. I win!"  How insensitive can a person be?

Everyone eventually grows old if they are lucky enough to live that long. We all get aches and pains, our knees and hips start aching. We don't sleep as soundly as we used too! At a certain age we dread getting phone calls late in the evening because we fear someone has passed away. You would think that those people who claim to be religious could manifest some kindness and understanding but often that is not the case.

So I have to wonder, why do these mean spirited assholes live so long? ha ha ha ha ha

4 comments:

  1. Those people you were talking about? Screw'em. Just live your life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good advice. It seems like I attract them like bugs to a light. Oh well...

      Delete
  2. Courage, my correspondent. Today I was in a grocery store line that had some incredibly complicated transaction 4 carts ahead of me and I heard a voice over my head: "Aint this a beautiful day?" I thought maybe it was God because it came from above in a deep voice --and everybody imagines God has a deep voice-- so I looked up and there was this other old geezer, about 6-foot-8, right behind me. I figured he was God. We talked until the complexities were sorted out ahead of us -- maybe 10 minutes. I paid for my groceries in cash. He had only 2 items --rack of ribs and a bag of briquettes. We pushed our purchases out together --no religion involved-- but I still think (even though my wife disagrees) he might have been God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met God once years ago. He was riding a vintage Harley Knucklehead.

      Delete

No negativity! No snide remarks or insults. Just be nice and I'll gladly post your comments.