Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Feels like a 102 degrees!

It is 104 right now but it says it feels like 102! Now I have lived in the desert for almost 50 years and I can't tell the difference between 102 and 104. Somewhere around 108 it reaches  the next phase of hot which is "god damned hot". That is followed by "Holy shit I'm hot!" I saw it hit 124 once.  Now to be honest, if it is 124 in the shade you can't drink liquids as quick as you sweat them out and if night don't come you are fixing to die. That's when you get in the shower with your clothes on and drink a cold water. Strap a ice pack down around your manhood if you ever want to father a child again.

Don't drink beer, it makes you pee more.


This is my spring, it got hot and caught everyone unprepared post! It goes from 85 one day to 105 the next. Time for emergency heat preparedness. Lot's of water, plenty of shade, don't sweat if you can help it, and if your pee ain't clear you are dehydrated. Keep an eye out for signs of heat stroke not only for yourself but the people you are with.

Do not forget the pets and the livestock outside. Lots of water and shade for them too! A mister set up can save an animals life. Maybe yours too!

Be cool!

8 comments:

  1. Yep. It's gonna be 102 here in Vegas too. I try to stay indoors as much as possible during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easier now that I am retired. I don't go anywhere between 1 and 5 unless I absolutely have to. I go out and water my yard in the dark. I stay up late and take naps (siestas) during the heat of the day. I have devoted a lot of time to making shade around my house. Solar screens, white roof coating, lots of awnings and shade trees. take care!

      Delete
  2. After three heat strokes during my worthless life, I find that 92 is HAVE TO HAVE air conditioning or I start to faint out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just hit 100 and it isn't noon yet. A few extra hot days and then back to normal for a week or so. You can't drink enough water! Not tea or kool aid or anything else. Plain old water. Not real cold either. I have lived in the heat for so long I stand in what little shade there is without even thinking about it. I haven't had a sunburn in about 30 years. UV will cause skin cancer. Be careful my friend. You got a lot more fun coming!

      Delete
  3. Holy crap, I was whinging when it went to 80F... Between dealing with my elderly mom's health issues, and my own (hole in one retina- laser surgery for that) I have been lurking, but not commenting. Got some veggies going in the garden, now I am going to just sit and water when necessary for the next while. Stay in the shade and take it easy!! All the best to you and Mrs Rat.
    Barb


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and I hope you get to feeling better. My best to your mom.

      Delete
  4. We had our 1st big heat wave here (Ca. Central Valley) over the past week and I commiserate with you and share your afternoon precautions. As to the next post, to which you've closed comments, I can only say please, persevere. Your opinions and thoughts are important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say this to you Geo because I don't feel threatened by you. Sometimes I want to just lie down and die. Living another day seems like such a bother. People don't understand what it is to live with this black cloud that rolls in unexpectedly and sucks the life out of you. Thank you for understanding. I wish more people did.

      Delete