Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday got here. I'm so excited I could shit!

Five and a half years ago when I started this blog I had pretty solid opinions on a wide variety of subjects. I always tried to give the person in question the benefit of the doubt and withheld making a judgment right away.

Now 5 and a half years later I am confused most of the time, don't know what to think,  Question many of my earlier opinions. I don't know if I have learned more, become better informed or if the internet just wore me down. 

I recently changed my opinion on gun registration, for example. I still think strong immigration enforcement is necessary for our security but I don't think a wall is necessarily a good idea. I read today that none of the Congressman actually read the health care law they passed! What the hell? I sign things without reading the fine print all the time but we are talking federal law here!

Abortion as a means of irresponsible birth control is evil in my view. Getting an abortion for health reasons or rape or the baby is going to be born deformed in some way are still valid reasons to consider one in my view. It is a woman's issue so what I think doesn't matter.

I don't think giving tax breaks to the extremely wealthy makes any sense at all. The National debt will continue to climb no matter how many jobs are created. Trickle down economics has been shown not to work. I do think the government is to big, a giant bureaucracy that needs to be smaller. Less regulations, less interference.

I think we need to be worried about climate change or global warming or whatever you want to call it. Smarter people than you and me thinks it is real. Republicans believe whatever the money tells them to believe. I like having clean air to breath! I guess that makes me a radical .Oh well!


6 comments:

  1. That header picture is great, where is it? That's probably the Colorado river... maybe "when" is it is a good question too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bullhead city side of the river. A couple of miles from my house.

      Delete
  2. I wonder how many times that congress, senate ect...pass laws/bills ect..without ever reading what they are signing off on. I am sure it happens all too often which is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Millions lose coverage and Congress is celebrating? Crazy for sure!

      Delete
  3. Mr. Rat! It is so nice to see you again! I was visiting my friend Kim's blog and there you were commenting on her post about Pyramid Power!

    Love your header photo...it is gorgeous!!!
    I'm not commenting much on politics right now! I feel that nothing is going to go right for the average person, the elderly, the young, the sick, the poor. But all will be heaven for the billionaires and the millionaires for the next four years!!! Makes me sick to my stomach!

    Take care Mr. Rat and it is very nice to see you again~

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you here and thanks for joining! Not all my posts are political. Although Trump is making it hard to ignore what is going on. It is insane for sure! Anyway I am so pleased you are here. Look forward to your comments in the future.

      Delete

If you disagree, your views would be very much sought after! I value your point of view even if it is different from mine! thanks for your comment!