Sunday, May 7, 2017

late night thoughts

2:30 am. Trying to get tired and sleepy enough to lie down and go to sleep. Don't think it is going to happen though. I feel like I was stomped and left for dead. Muscle relaxer time I guess. Wake up groggy as hell but at least I sleep enough to not get psychotic. (some people might disagree!) ha ha

Took a long  hot shower thinking that would help. Nope! Hurts to breathe, hurts to move, hurts not moving. This is why the Veterans Administration gives me a compensation check every month. You can't fake MRIs and CT Scans. Can't fake EMGs and Nerve conduction velocity tests. Honest to goodness, disabled veteran. Not a hero. I wasn't doing anything especially brave when I got hurt.

Some trolls on the internet don't think I deserve my compensation check. I wish I could trade places with them for 48 hours and let them see how I feel. They would want their own body back I guarantee you! I got hurt doing my job/duty. Some of us came home in a box. They are the heroes. Some came home missing arms and legs. They are heroes. I just hurt. 24/7  to one degree or another.

I am going to go take a pain pill now. Talk to you all later I guess.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get to an even keel level of halfway comfort, Mr Rat.
    Bigfoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks bigfoot, I'm doing better today!

      Delete
  2. I feel that you have earned your compensation Mr. Rat. I cry sad tears every time I see our service people returning home in a box, in pain, missing arms, legs, injured inside and out. Some with injuries that cannot be seen with the naked eye. Human beings cannot see the horrors of war without being torn to pieces in mind, body and soul.
    I also cry tears of happiness when our troops return home in one piece...at least physically.
    You take care and you need not apologize to anyone Mr. Rat...Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I feel better today.

      Delete
  3. For the record, I COMPLETELY AGREE with everything Jan said. In fact, I could not have said it any better myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freedom has a high cost my Lady! thanks.....

      Delete

If you disagree, your views would be very much sought after! I value your point of view even if it is different from mine! thanks for your comment!