Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday night -late thoughts

Last few days I have been thinking a lot. Thought I would share this. It kind of applies to what's been going on with me.

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

If you feed the negativity in your mind, it will only grow stronger. (story of my life) I am trying to live better. Think better. I am going to try to concentrate on positive things. That doesn't mean I am going to become some sanctimonious nutbag who burns incense and chants. I think most of that stuff is for show anyway. I just want to be honest with myself. It is harder than it sounds.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why 'honesty' is sometimes the hardest thing to do? (especially with yourself?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is ego. We all want to be liked and that feeling doesn't go away when we grow up. Still behaving like we are on the playground. To be honest, I've been hanging out with the wrong crowd and their bad ways have been rubbing off on me.

      Delete

Haters and Trolls comments will be deleted.