Thursday, May 4, 2017

Oil is cheap compared to rebuilding an engine!

It got hot today. 103! I didn't feel all that good anyway so I have been sitting here at the laptop cranking out articles on stuff that pops in my mind. Some people will start in early spring getting ready for next winter. They will paint and caulk and insulate, gather firewood or fuel, fix the downspouts and the gutters, replace the missing shingles, well you get the idea.

Some people will put it off, put it off, put if off until it is cold and windy and a snow storm is predicted. Don't blame anyone else but yourself! You didn't take care of your business. Some people buy a generator and then never check it. Start it and let it run once a month to make sure there are no problems. (I am guilty of this!) Then when you need it, it won't start or the carb leaks, you don't have a spare spark plug, the battery is dead and the pull rope breaks!

People ride around on bald tires, with squealing brakes and then when they have a flat or crash into something they act surprised like the Universe hates them or something. If you don't maintain your equipment it WILL let you down. I guarantee it! Ever the hear the expression "Oil is cheap compared to rebuilding an engine". Think about that the next time you say to yourself "It's probably OK. "


later.......

4 comments:

  1. Getting your wood in first thing is a great feeling! The only better one is moving somewhere where it's not necessary!!
    I have to agree, even today an oil change is cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left the Ohio Valley when I was 19 and with the exceptions of family visits I have never gone back. The desert has it's own kinds of problems but I have loved it over 40 years!

      Delete
  2. That saying applies to human bodies also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep. If you over rev an engine you shouldn't be surprised when it blows up! ha ha ha

      Delete