Sunday, May 7, 2017

Time to start packing heat!

Laid in the bed all day! Feel better. Had a thunderstorm last night that cooled everything off again. Temps are back to normal for this time of year. Mixed up some water putty to fill the knot holes in my generator box. Going to paint it now that the Mrs. picked out colors. My goal this year is to get the pavers sealed with garage floor sealant. Finish up the back patio project and start actually enjoying it. I'm looking at barbecues this year. May finally get one. Put my little Weber grill back in the motor home.

I am 30 months away from paying off the house. Maybe sooner! That will be a big load off my mind. I know how it feels already. I owned the motor home for years when we traveled and it was a good feeling having a home paid for. This little place has turned into a nice little home for us. No house payment will make my retirement check go a lot further! Maybe I can buy more coins!

I may start using the Jacuzzi this year for my back. I can ride up to our pool on my mobility scooter and boil myself for 15 minutes! Going to use my scooter more this year! Knees and hip are shot to hell. I was reading on YouTube about making the scooter go faster! ha ha ha Maybe I'll have racing stripes or flames put on it! ha ha ha 

Want to get my concealed carry permit this year! World is getting crazy. Time to start packing heat! ha ha ha

later,

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. NO, I am talking about the Ruger at the sidebar. When a town of less than 10,000 has two murders within a mile of my house, the old Rat arms himself and gets ready to defend the castle! Between that and my pump shotgun I pity the fool!

      Delete
  2. I sure hope you don't have to use your gun, Mr Rat. But we sure living in some unstable time.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. It used to be since I weigh 300 lbs. and I am quite ugly so most little shit stain trouble makers were smart enough to leave me alone. Now they don't have the street smarts to judge who they can fool with and who it would be better to leave alone. I am not as patient as I once was when it comes to punks. Maybe I'll just take off my belt and whip their ass instead! ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. we just put up a 6 foot chain link fence to help deter the holigans. There has been an increase of home break ins. I have 3 large dogs, I'm pretty sure my female would go after someone who wasn't invited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to put up a 4 ft fence. Most people will be deterred by 4 ft. and I don't need a building permit. I am a big believer in lights. I like bright lights. I am big into motion detectors. I loved my last dog but he would have helped the burglar drag the stolen stuff out to the truck followed him home and helped him unload for a milk bone dog biscuit! ha ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are ready to enjoy the good ol' outdoors again Mr. Rat...that is good news!
    So crazy is our whole world now.
    Hope you never have to use your gun but the world gets crazier everyday~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have brought a gun with me on car trips for years because it is often 100 or more miles of lonely road out here in the west. I put it in my suitcase and bring it into the motel or hotel room with me. Of course, I always carry a gun when I go out in the desert. I have for over 40 years. People think it is snakes you have to worry about, I have found packs of wild dogs are the biggest threat. Snakes are not dangerous unless you stumble across one unexpectedly. I am very aware of my surroundings. I have never met a "crazy" in the desert contrary to what movies would like you to believe! I am not going to be one of those old people who get beat to death inside his own house. Breaking in my door would be a serious mistake. I'm inside. ha ha ha

      Delete

If you disagree, your views would be very much sought after! I value your point of view even if it is different from mine! thanks for your comment!