Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Post Worthy of Hump Day!

I don't know how much longer I can do this blog. I can't seem to make myself understood. If I say something about old fashioned values I get instantly labeled a liberal traitor or a born again conservative. Somewhere out there in blog land someone is waiting to label you, put you into a nice neat category so they can pass judgement on your opinions and views with the soured consternation of a god in need of fiber, pointing an arthritic and palsied finger in your direction where mumbling "infidel or heretic" under their breath!

What ever happened to "free speech". By definition it is not required to agree with anything you happen to think. That's the whole point. Alternative viewpoints and open discussion. Give and take, point and counter point. If you say something that someone doesn't agree with or "Jesus H. Christ on a god damned cracker" gets offended by you, you are attacked with the same feverish frothing at the mouth rabid response of a "true believer" whose precious bullshit dogma has been brought into question.

I change my viewpoints all the time. I get new information or hear an alternative argument that makes sense to me and I must adjust my thinking accordingly. I think! I am not a fucking zombie. Now days anything a liberal says is instantly dismissed as "complete bullshit" because a liberal said it. If a conservative makes a valid point he is attacked as being an old fashioned, right wing, bible thumping nut bag who only has sex with his wife for the purposes of getting her pregnant!

What a fucked up world we find ourselves in, constantly being judged and forced into a mold of one kind or another. If you think and are capable of reason you are still labeled depending on your viewpoint. If you don't stay close to the herd mentality you are not patriotic, a traitor, a snowflake, a commie, a gun nut, bible thumper, child molester, abusive and ignorant and determined to stay that way because it is a god damned family tradition! If you criticize liberals for going to far into la la land, you are being insensitive and close minded. You must accept every bizarre thing that someone comes up with or you are close minded!

What next? Marrying your goat?

10 comments:

  1. I believe that the less a person has to offer, the more likely they are to criticize others. Their critiques are a smokescreen designed to cover up the fact that they've got nothing going on between the ears.

    Either that, or they're just assholes. Lots of those too, unfortunately.

    You keep it up, do what YOU want to do and write about what means something to YOU. Some folks will understand what you put out there, the rest can go suck eggs.

    Life is too short to worry about the feeble minded and the a-holes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feeble minded! a good phrase and describes the situation beautifully! thanks.

      Delete
  2. You may not like this but I speak with complete honesty. It seems to me that lately you are allowing the idiots in blogland mean too much to you. I let them get to me on occasion too. Piss on them. Hit the delete and think what you know are good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are right old friend. I just can't ignore the idiocy sometimes. Often to my detriment.

      Delete
  3. Some people are just crazy and cannot have a civil discussion about opposing views without it turning ugly. I've stopped talking to my younger brother about politics and anything Liberal related because he's one of those people if you don't agree with everything he says, you're dumb. I don't understand that mentality. We as a people used to be able to discuss things but now everything seems to turn into a fight or a screaming match because you don't agree with someone. It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a good way to describe it is "the ego wars". No one is willing to be wrong anymore. crazy indeed.

      Delete
  4. I don't think the confusion is on you end! So feel free to carry on . . . a watcher from Down River in Havasu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good hearing from you! Hot enough for ya? ha ha

      Delete
  5. I've been coming to the Colorado river since 1952 and moved to Havasu in 1978 to able build my house and get financing as an owner builder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came here for years in my motorhome and decided in 2011 to buy a place. I have always liked the area.

      Delete

Why comment at all if you can't say something nice?