Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I don't understand!

Well! Either all my readers were super busy today or they didn't give a rat's ass about my weather post. Fine, have a heat stroke-see if I give a shit! It's funny how people will respond to certain things and not others. Human nature is a complete mystery to me. Always has been. I just don't get what makes some of you tick!

I don't understand why anyone would want to go to a Super Bowl, pay thousands of dollars for shitty tickets, plus airfare and hotels and not get as good a view of the game  as I get on my 50 inch TV in my living room. I don't have to miss anything while I'm in the bathroom or in the kitchen getting a snack or a cold one. If you are at the game you got a long walk to the restroom and you may miss the only play of the whole thing worth talking about.

Did you bring your binoculars?

I don't understand why people pay 5 times what a coin is worth because some asshole has graded it! It's either shiny or it isn't. It's either smooth or scratched up. You can't tell that for yourself. It has to be "certified". Who cares? It won't be worth any real money till you have been dead a few years anyway. Looking for "errors" in the hopes of striking it rich is some sort of mental illness in my view. I go through my change looking for pre 1965 silver. I don't care about the condition.


I understand buying guns. Guns go up in value. They will always be worth at least what you paid for them which makes them a good hedge investment  and more than likely will increase in value. All of mine have. So if you find a deal on one, buy it , clean it and oil it and put it away if you don't want to shoot it. If it is a gun you might use then buy 5,000 rds of ammo for it. Otherwise it is an expensive club! A new  Ruger Mini -14 can hold 30 rd magazines and doesn't look like an "Assault Rifle". It is reliable, accurate, name brand, fairly cheap and tough. It will put up with a lot of abuse and still deliver when called upon. Plus, I like to be different. You put your 10 rd mag back in and you don't look like a Rambo-wannabe militia "Patriot" looking for a confrontation.


You can trick it all out and make it "tactical" if your penis is that short!

Just a few random thoughts for today. God damn it is Hot!

6 comments:

  1. hey Rat, i did see the weather post but had no time to reply- however it DID serve as reminder to drink more water, which I did! I gotta say though it made me feel like wimp for being irritated by the mere 96* day we had. I think I'd wither up like week old lettuce in your town... Or just straight up burst into flames! You must be one tough SOB to live in that environment. Stay cool buddy!
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey J! no worries mate. If I had to go to work in this environment I think I would live up north somewhere but I'm retired so the option to hide in the shade is there for me. I was a tough sob once upon a time but even tough sob's get old. Realizing my limitations is my current battle. The old adage about adapt and overcome has become a daily thing. Take care of yourself and remain vigilant! later.....

      Delete
  2. I've never been to a game...football, baseball ect. I don't like crowds so I'd rather watch whatever on tv if I watched sports which I don't. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't enjoy sports as much as I used to! To much fanaticism. It's just a game....I don't like crowds either. Hell, I don't like people that much....

      Delete
  3. I too read yesterday's post and appreciated the color chart. I labored outdoors for 35 of my 40 working years and had to be aware of things like that. Our pumphouse thermometer read 112 yesterday --just like it's got up to today-- and those readings are important. The closing 26 years of my gardening public places included a 1/4-mile running track. You'd be surprised at the number of superb physical specimens --all ages-- I had to lift onto my '58 Ford 2000 tractor's trailer and haul to the nurse's office in the summer. As to football, I recall my Portuguese Grampa's reaction when my uncles took him to a game in 1957: "Man in stripe-shirt blow leetle whistle, ev'body fall down!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I worked on the flight line and learned about reflective temperatures and such I became a fanatic about hydration. The military experimented with salt tablets and then later on Gatorade to replenish electrolytes. When I worked in killer heat I took potassium and magnesium supplements everyday, drank water every working day and never "suffered" from the heat. I have seen people try and cool off with a large Coke! ha ha ha We both know how that turns out. Stadiums are monuments to mankind's need for the herd! thanks for commenting......

      Delete

Haters and Trolls comments will be deleted.