Sunday, June 4, 2017

Karma, ain't it a bitch

I guess I have a slightly different outlook on disabilities and bad health problems than most. I was declared "totally disabled" and retired from the work force in 1994. I read about people suffering from various pains and I think to myself, I brought that up 5 years ago and no one gave a shit. No one had kind words for me? But now, oh my god you poor soul! How awful it must be to suffer so!

Do I sound bitter you ask? Fuck yes, I'm bitter! I have never wanted to be a member of the mutual pity party and spend my days comparing symptoms but some plain old fashioned human kindness would have been nice. NO! I get accused of lying, of faking it, trying to cheat the government out of benefits! NO sympathy for the old rat. Disabled veteran my ass! He probably lied about that too!

Well, I didn't lie. I am disabled. I take 11 pills a day. I suffer sometimes. Getting out of bed and making it to the toilet to pee is sometimes a major achievement! So pardon me if I find it difficult to feel sorry for you now that you are suffering too! I grit my teeth, I drink bourbon, I deal with my pain the best way I can.

Trust me. No one cares when you whine! Deal with it..........

4 comments:

  1. Your pain is as valid as anyone else's. Most people are too caught up in their own stuff to really care about anyone else most times but that doesn't make your pain and suffering any less valid than the next persons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing Mary. I know of a blog where the person writes about suffering and gets 75 comments! My god! Just how much pity does one person need? When I write about my disabilities it is usually in the context of doing something in spite of how I feel. I don't just whine incessantly and play woe is me! I resent it, I can't help it.

      Delete
  2. For what it's worth, I believe you are not dishonest about your disabilities or anything else, and do not need to go out of your way to appease anyone who thinks otherwise. Your musical tastes are diverse and span a good deal of the best. Agree on Trump as well. Hell, most of the world does. Why he's still sitting in the White House is unbelievable. Hopefully he'll get his ass impeached since he's a clear and present danger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to hear from you! I thought you had chosen sides and I had lost and frankly that made me sad. Honestly, I read some blogs and have to ask myself how some of these people can live under the conditions they describe. How brave! How noble! How awe inspiring! What crap! ha ha ha I am going to slow down soon and post less. I was just trying to catch up on the views I lost when I was shut down. Now that I have I am going to slow down soon. Stop by anytime.

      Delete

I don't want to argue or debate or defend my views! They are mine. You are not required to agree. Thanks for taking the time to comment!