Monday, July 10, 2017

Big countertop Microwave Delivery

My big beautiful Microwave was delivered today! It is a replacement of one that lasted 4 years and cooked a lot of food. The Mrs. wanted another one just like the one she had or the latest version so I had to order it. Here it is:

GE Profile Series 2.2 Cubic Feet Countertop.
The Mrs. cooks complete meals in this thing. It is 1200 watts and has a large turn table. When you live where the temperatures hit 120 in the summer you don't want to turn on your stove or oven. We have a stove and oven. We use it in the fall and winter, I use one burner for frying eggs in the morning, that's about it.

I took the old mikey apart and think the capacitor high voltage  diode was bad but since microwaves are dangerous to people with pace makers I decided to just scrap it out for parts and put the rest of it on the curb. I am going to get a magnetron which I can use to make a death ray! ha ha ha Or carefully take it apart and salvage the magnets.A big high voltage transformer. Some smaller motors for the fan and turn table, the light, the timer circuit , the noise filter, and some micro switches. Some good metal in the cabinet I can keep for other projects. The glass plate and roller I will keep for our new one in case it gets broken. I've always wanted to build a Tesla coil! Who knows?

I bought a cheap little microwave to get by while we waited so now we have a back up unit if needed.

Not as hot this week. A good 10 degrees cooler. Regular desert temps. I can live with that. Charging the battery to full charge seems to have fixed the problem. I'll let you know if I have any more trouble. I am not going out in 122 degrees again. I'll call a cab and let someone else drive. Getting to where I use cabs more than I used to. I will drive my van in the mornings and at night when it is cooler. Easier on the van and easier on me.

Hope everyone enjoyed my beer post! I will keep drinking if you will keep reading! ha ha ha

6 comments:

  1. Nice microwave. I usually just turn my AC down for an hour while cooking but during the summer I don't use the oven at all. I can cook pretty much anything on the stove in less than 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife and I are both handicapped. Stoves require tending. We like putting stuff in the microwave and coming back when the dinger goes off. A hamburger and French fries takes 5 1/2 minutes! The Mrs. also uses the crock pot and makes up big amounts of stew, soup, pot roast. She freezes the extra and we microwave them later for another meal.

      Delete
  2. Hey Ratman...My wife uses the crock pot often, and I swear sometimes after its been cooking for a couple hours when I smell it, I just wanna eat the air in the kitchen.
    Glad your temps are down a bit in the NV.
    Ever tried microwaved eggs in a coffee mug? Crack 2 or 3 eggs into a cup, beat with a fork, add salt pepper, maybe dash of milk then micro for 1:45 or so. Watch it rise up out of the cup towards the end and sink down. Dump out on a plate, chop up with fork, add grated cheese and blob of private sauce...and Lordy!! That's some go I d eat'n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've done that too! Hot sauce and cheese makes anything good. Did you get your storm shelter posted? I tried to look at the post but it wasn't there.

      Delete
    2. Auto correct is ruining my freaking life!!!!
      Picante sauce
      Good eatin
      Geeeeze

      Delete
    3. I thought maybe you had a secret sauce! ha ha

      Delete

Why comment at all if you can't say something nice?