Sunday, July 9, 2017

bought a couple of things at Harbor Freight

Well it rained real good and the temperature went from 120 degrees at 5pm to 88 degrees at midnight! 32 degree drop! My rain gutter project worked well and keep a lot of water out of my back awning area. You could actually sit back there during the rain and sip coffee and listen to the thunder. Very pleasant.

Another person has quit my followers list without identifying themselves or saying goodbye. I was only kidding about talking behind their back. I just would like to know what it is exactly that made them leave. Not liberal enough for them? My views on miserable stinking dirty wetbacks sneaking into my country, lying, cheating, stealing, using, and then whining if they are made to obey the law! I make no apologies for my views. I hate them! I don't feel sorry for them any more than I feel sorry for cancer cells invading a body. They are the same thing in my view.

I went and bought a load tester at Harbor Freight and came home and tested the charging system of my van. It all checked normal. Stayed in the green under a load. I don't know what people have against Harbor freight. I have bought a number of things there and have always been satisfied with the quality. I am a home workshop. I don't need to pay 3 times as much so it says "Snap On" on it. As long as it works on those occasions when I need to use it, I'm fine with it.

This is what I bought:


21 bucks and it works as good as an expensive one! Same kind of device they have at Auto Zone or the dealership.

I also bought one of these:

Now if I need a boost I can jump my own battery. It has a nice work light, a couple of dc plug ins and a USB charger. I had a coupon so it was only 35 bucks. Good insurance! I came out of the box almost fully charged and it only took a few minutes to fully charge it. A little extra battery power never hurts!

Cooled down a little and I bought tools! A good day......ha ha ha 

later.





10 comments:

  1. When I had a house I used many Harbor Freight items. Usually they did just fine. The durability of the harbor freight items was a concern to me. If it was an infrequent item use, they did just fine normally. For example, my current angle grinder gets used about once every other year and is at least 10 years old but still works. So HF has a good place in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I have a harbor freight drill press that I have only used a couple of dozen times since I bought it but it is in my shop when I need it. good hearing from you Barn.

      Delete
  2. Ah, new tools... one of the simple joys in life! Glad everything worked out for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and brother love going in to Harbor Freight. He gets those circulars in the mail and they always have a coupon for a free flashlight or something so we have a bunch of flashlights. lol There always seems to be some tool or gadget that he needs in there. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a big Harbor Freight fan. I've had good luck with their stuff. If I had a business I might want heavier duty tools but for the home handyman Harbor Freight provides good quality at a real reasonable price. thanks for your comment.....

      Delete
  4. Mr Rat, Is the Harbor Freight store located in the old Hastings book store building in B.H.C.? Thanks, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have gotten many amazing deals at Harbor Freight.
    I would love a 32 degree drop. My son drove here from Washington yesterday, he said he drove thru some pretty crazy lightening storms. We haven't had any here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a terrific thunderstorm with about an hour of heavy rain. It was great! It cooled everything down and gave the plants a good drink of water.

      Delete

Why comment at all if you can't say something nice?