Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Hump day Update!

Took Mrs. Rat to the heart doctor today. Good news is she is doing well. Van quit on me again! Something electrical. Had to call a cab to take Mrs. Home. It was 120 degrees and I started feeling dizzy. I went and rented a car so we would have transportation. Went back to where I left the van and it started! Don't know how long it would have lasted so I left there overnight and I am going to go see about it early in the morning when it is fairly cool.

May be away from the blog for a few days while I take care of business.

7 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and the Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks bigfoot , I would love to talk about coins and stuff sometime if you want to exchange email addresses.

      Delete
    2. thanks. I sent you a test message!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it might be your starter relay Rat. had a similar problem on a Ford I used to have. cheap part & 15 minutes to replace. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else can fix it. I'm to crippled up to crawl around underneath trucks anymore. I personally think it is the voltage regulator preventing the alternator from putting out enough voltage to charge the battery back up. Either that or the alternator itself. It show it charging on instrument panel but it is only putting out 12 volts. It should be at least 14 volts. I'll let the dealership do their fancy testing on it and It in brand new expensive stuff! It's worth it if I want to haul my scooter to the store.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully it's not a load of trouble to get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this heat it is a pain in the butt regardless!

      Delete

If you disagree, your views would be very much sought after! I value your point of view even if it is different from mine! thanks for your comment!