Friday, July 28, 2017

I don't always agree with you but I read you! What kind of sense does that make?

It's chicken shit comments like the one I received from "unknown" that makes me consider quitting blogging. "I don't always agree with you but I read you". Why? I don't understand that at all. Do you watch television programs you don't like too! What am I exactly , a form of self abuse for you. Are you punishing yourself for some reason. I read a blog for a few posts. I decide if I like it or not. If I do, I become a follower and a regular reader, if I don't like it I never go there again.

If I am listed on your blog as a follower rest assured I read your posts. I may not comment but it has nothing to do with whether I agree with you or not. If I don't agree with you most of the time I quit reading your blog! Most of the time it is a time restraint. I read a lot of blogs and other websites. It is very time consuming to comment on a regular basis at all of them.

Having said that it is Friday! I went ahead and got the alternator on my Van replaced. It finally started acting up where I could see it. Intermittent? That usually means the brushes are worn and the diodes are breaking down. Diodes are what rectifies the voltage. Takes AC and turns it into square tooth DC. Aw hell, you don't care about all that. Finally got bad enough I could test it and it showed. Took it to my favorite repair shop and two hours later I am on the road with a good charging system I can rely on. Hell, I can even go out after dark! Can't see for shit but that ain't the Van's fault.

later,

2 comments:

  1. I dunno Rat, I read you damn near everyday, sometimes more than once a day and while I can say we seem to see eye-to-eye more often than not I could say "I don't always agree with you"...emphasis on the always.

    Even if I don't agree with you on something, I respect you for the way you put yourself out there and speak YOUR mind. Plus, I just like your style.

    Take it easy and glad to hear the van is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JL you are a full grown man with enough age and experience for your opinions to have weight. If you don't tell me when I say something you disagree with what benefit do I derive from blogging? Perhaps I am dead wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Your opinion carries weight with me. We go back a few years and I appreciate your loyalty but telling me when you agree is the same as exchanging pleasantries or talking about the weather. Telling me when you disagree offers an opportunity to perhaps see things from a different point of view! An opportunity for growth.

      Delete

I don't want to argue or debate or defend my views! They are mine. You are not required to agree. Thanks for taking the time to comment!