Thursday, July 20, 2017

OJ is getting out.

This post is not about defending OJ Simpson, it is about the media. The biased, unfair, out of balance media who doesn't even realize how prejudiced they are in their reporting.

The OJ Simpson parole hearing was about the crimes he was convicted of in Las Vegas, Nevada. Attempted robbery and kidnapping. He has served almost nine years and been a model prisoner. He was granted parole. He will be out in October.

Here is my problem. The media had to bring up Nicole Brown's murder, the Bronco chase, the spousal abuse! All that was almost 24 years ago! Are you the same person you were 24 years ago? I'm not. I don't know if OJ got away with murder or not but I do know that he was acquitted of those charges. Period. It has no bearing on the present day parole decision.

He has been a model prisoner, he said he made a terrible mistake, he said he showed poor judgment, he said he was sorry.  What right does the media have to try him over again for crimes he has already been acquitted of. If he screws up again he will likely die in prison and he knows that. I would think that would be incentive enough to behave.

David Duke has gone on to become a state senator and earn a PHD. But 20 some years ago he was associated with the KKK so whenever he is introduced it isn't Doctor Duke Or Senator Duke, it is Former KKK member and leader David Duke White Supremacist.

I suppose I could come up with more examples of the press and their swaying opinion and character assassination but no one is reading this post anyway!



the rat

8 comments:

  1. He apparently well met all the "justice system" requirements for the parole so he should be allowed parole as provided by the law. End of story.

    As far as his other trial years ago on murder. I watched it closely and kept on wondering when the "authorities" were going to show some proof of why they charged him. It never came so the acquittal seemed correct for the information produced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard news people today say the evidence was "overwhelming". I agree with you, I never saw any.

      Delete
    2. Mr. Cronkite is dead. So is Huntley and Brinkley. Hasn't been any real journalism in a long long time.

      Delete
  2. Re. perhaps rhetorical question: "Are you the same person you were 24 years ago?" Morally, ethically, yes. Not an uncommon phenomenon. I notice you neglect to address the civil suit a couple years later that was settled in favor of the Goldman family. I know the charge of wrongful death brought in civil court only requires proof that the defendant's intentional and unlawful conduct resulted in the victims' deaths --a preponderance of evidence. Which verdict you believe is up to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The news brought up the civil suit. My point is it had nothing to do with todays hearing. My post was supposed to be about the biased nature of news media reporting but somehow it turned into a discussion about OJ. I stated in my article that I don't know if he got away with murder or not but the fact remains that he was found not guilty in the criminal case. Personally I consider a civil judgment after the criminal case is adjudicated is a form of double jeopardy but I'm not in charge or making those types of decision. His parole hearing was about the events that took place in Las Vegas. Any reference to previous events is not pertinent and shouldn't have been brought up. Poor journalism in my opinion. I stated I was not defending OJ. I wanted to convey the biased nature of the media and apparently failed to make my point. I clearly stated my view. I don't know if he is guilty or not. The article wasn't about him.

      Delete
  3. Ya know, I hardly even watch the news anymore because of the blatant bias on some channels. If I hear or see something news worthy I Google it and read a few different articles about it from several different sources because it seems that's the only way to get the entire picture about something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am paranoid. All the news is owned by the elite and is mostly propaganda and mind control. Keeping us in the dark as to the truth is how they survive.

      Delete

I don't want to argue or debate or defend my views! They are mine. You are not required to agree. Thanks for taking the time to comment!