Tuesday, July 25, 2017

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger! My First Divorce!

I have trained myself to always expect the worst. That way when things go wrong like they do I am not crushed by defeat like most optimists. Optimists get post traumatic stress disorder. People who live in a fantasy state where most people are good and there is fair play. When they are exposed to the raw stench of reality it is to much for many of them to deal with.

Pessimists like myself expect the worst, are not surprised by betrayal and deceit. We expect the worst behavior possible from people and are rarely surprised. People who have the "perfect" marriage and come home to find another man humping away at their wife are crushed emotionally. The cheating whore not only betrayed your trust, disrespected your marriage but she is going to blame you for her actions with the time honored "you drove me to it!" "you were gone working and I got lonely".

Of course the fact that you were out busting your ass, eating diner food and living in cheap accommodations so you could provide a good living for your family is somehow lost in all the finger pointing and recriminations that follow the discovery of her infidelity! She actually convinces the kids that it was all your fault. Whores are excellent liars.

Then of course the lying whore wants huge child support payments so you have to practically live in a cardboard box or sleep in your car in order to come up with that money every month. You live like a bum until the last child turns 18. Of course, most of the money goes to her clothes , shoes and car while your kids grow up eating Mac and cheese and bologna and wearing clothes from the thrift store.

It's been almost 30 years and I occasionally check to see if the whore is dead. I genuinely look forward to the day I can read her obituary and if there is any fairness at all to be had in the Universe hopefully she lingered for quite away and suffered a great deal. I loved her and she not only killed those feelings but she killed a part of me I have never been able to get back. But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

the rat

6 comments:

  1. That really sucks. Humans are just a bunch of jerks for the most part. I had a boyfriend when I was 19 who go high one day, came to my work, beat the hell out of me and walked off. I broke up with him and Googled his name last year to see if he was dead. Instead I came across half a dozen mug shots where he's been in and out of jail and prison for the last 28 years and he looks awful. It made me smile. Maybe I'm awful for thinking he got what he deserved but I don't give a damn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the truth. If that is how you feel then that is how you feel and there is no shame in it as far as I can see. I have a great life now and hers sucks! Things have a way of working out.

      Delete
  2. Measure twice, cut once. It's just as appropriate for selecting a mate as it is for construction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I was green as grass. . Wanting money every time I fucked her should have been my first clue! Experience is the greatest teacher.

      Delete
  3. Hmpffffff. I see several mistakes Rat:

    1. You mistakenly assumed your lady was a mature, reasonable adult. In more patriarchal times women were regarded by law as being much like children and rightfully so - because most of them are extremely childish.

    2. You write off human beings en masse. That's fine, if you want to be some old goat that hides behind the curtains while sneering at the people across the street, that's your right. I don't think it's the best way to spend your golden years, but if you have nothing to offer anyone maybe that's the best place for you.

    3. This is why you have to JUDGE PEOPLE. Say what you want about Christians, and use the phonies and the poseurs as your proof - but in the real world, real Christians have great families and communities. Your problem is that you are a poor judge of character - and that is on you, not everyone else.

    Just sayin. And - you're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I base my opinions on the people I have had dealings with, like you! I would like to think that there are some wonderful people out there in the world, obviously hiding in plain sight, but so far I haven't encountered very many personally. Perhaps, I am a poor judge of character. I certainly made a poor choice in my first marriage no argument there. As far as Christians go, and I know how sensitive you are to my opinions about them, I suspicion that nice people remain nice even after embracing faith. Faith didn't make them any better, they were nice to begin with. Mean spirited people embrace faith and remain mean spirited. They become judgmental and self righteous. It is my personal opinion that religion never made a person better! thank you for you views and well worded comment.

      Delete