Sunday, August 6, 2017

My Sunday Morning Message! ha ha ha

I think it is kind of arrogant of religious people to behave as though they are the only ones allowed to be compassionate , charitable, loving and kind. Somehow they think only those who have  embraced some sort of faith are capable of those qualities. Makes me wonder what they behaved like before they got religion?

I am not religious, everyone who has read my blog for any length of time knows that. But I am basically the same person I was when I went to church. I give homeless people money, buy them a meal if they need it, help out a neighbor if they want me to. My kindness didn't go away when my faith did.

I don't make a show of my "good works" because I have no one to impress or make brownie points with. In some respects that makes my kindness even that much more meaningful since I expect absolutely nothing in return but do it anyway. No heavenly reward awaits me. Of that I am pretty sure. That's OK. because this life has been enough for me. I got to enjoy every blessing a religious man enjoys and I don't expect more!

I don't know if it is greed or fear that makes man desire an afterlife. Most people I know waste the life they currently have so it makes me wonder why they want more. Opportunities come along everyday to reach out and be nice to someone. Sometimes just a smile can change a person's whole day. Back to my previous post about attitude. A lot of times the difference between an awful day and a great day is how you choose to live it.

later,

6 comments:

  1. Hope you and Mrs is enjoying your Sunday....I just like being a good person other then being a good person...Now I figure what I might blog about later on...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope your weekend was good too!

      Delete
  2. Ham and bean stew cooking on the stove to top off my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got any cornbread to go with it? sounds good!

      Delete
  3. I agree with you that religion has no bearing on if a person is "good" or "bad". That sort of thing comes from within a person. For me, I am religious (Roman Catholic) because it gives me an extended family. For me, it is very helpful knowing that I can travel to wherever I go, and I can have that sense of family there. It is something that helps me not feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An honest answer! Yes, comradery is a legitimate reason to belong to a religious group. I understand loneliness. NO disrespect intended but that is what it means to seek the comfort of the herd. Nothing wrong with that.

      Delete

I don't want to argue or debate or defend my views! They are mine. You are not required to agree. Thanks for taking the time to comment!