Tuesday, August 8, 2017

One more Post for Year Six

Note! I had to get rid of the Dixie Flag background. I was getting a headache trying to focus. I am about half blind. I will put a smaller flag in the sidebar.

One of the nice things about getting old is you are sick and tired and get to behave like you are sick and tired. No one really expects you to be abnormally cheerful like some used car salesman or a member of the Chamber of Commerce. Nothing makes my behind pucker like some one flashing me a 1000 watt smile! It is not genuine, can't be. I have never met anyone that danged happy unless they were "simple".

I see these commercials where this old guy is out there chasing young girls, skiing, biking,  mountain climbing, bungee cord jumping and I think to myself, I never felt that good in my whole life! Old people ain't allowed to be old any longer! We are supposed to live in denial about all the decades we have lived, pretend like time has not taken it's toll and continue to behave youthful! Well folks, my tank is running on low! Sorry....I realize I am only 66 but my disabilities made me get old a little quicker. Besides, with my health problems I probably won't get to be as old as some of you!

I read about guys out there riding bikes and jogging! I couldn't run at this point if I was being chased by a sexually excited bear! Whoa! Scary image! ha ha ha

Modern society no longer reveres the old folks. We are unpleasant reminders of what the future holds. If the young had their way about it they would put us all someplace to play games and wait to die so long as we are not bothering you with all our "oldness".  Wait! they do try and do that at some point! Sometimes me and the wife stay home till we run out of eggs and bread and realize we haven't been anywhere in over a week! The Mrs. works on her art, I mess about in my shop or spend to much time on the internet. We don't have to dress up! Besides, it is peaceful. No yelling and pushing and shoving and speed and rude behavior or brat children!

What the hell is the point of having a home if you only go there to sleep! Might as well live in the back of your van. My next door neighbor leaves early in the morning and comes home late at night. He is not home at all on the weekends. Awful expensive shower if you ask me?

I worked mighty hard to make it this far. It has been a rough road. Every scar, every ache and pain has a story. It reminds me of all the exciting times I have had along the way!  Don't try and take that away!

later,



6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sever peripheral neuropathy so it is cane for a few feet, walker for short walks, and the mobility scooter for in the stores. I do attempt to stagger around my backyard and do a little yard work to stay active. I am so glad you are here! I enjoy your comments.

      Delete
    2. I left off an "E" It's spelled severe. oops!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the pictures and tales of your yard work in the past. I particularly liked how you enclosed the patio. It would be great to me if more of your inventiveness showed up in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. between the excessive heat this year and my health problems I haven't been doing much but when I do I will probably post pictures and talk about it. It is shaping up and I have modified the plan again. I keep going the way I am going and my whole yard will be in the shade. thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete