Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday! A Peaceful Post.

I got to looking at my blog and I thought to myself "this is one depressing and angry looking page!" So I took the time to change it back to something that doesn't look like it belongs to a mental patient. Just because the darkness lurks in the corner of my mind doesn't mean it has to spill out onto the main page of my blog!

One of the reasons I live in a small town in the desert is I don't handle crowds and noise well. It makes me nervous. Sometimes I can be sitting quietly and suddenly experience severe anxiety so you can imagine what I get like when pressed in by large crowds of people pushing and shoving, the honking and the sirens.

You can't eat your lunch in peace when the restaurant has some kind of music/noise playing in the background and everyone is yelling to be heard over top of it! I always try to never eat at regular meal times. I avoid crowds whenever I can.

I removed the "Rebel Finger" from my sidebar. I don't agree with trying to erase the history of the south but I don't want associated with the "fanatics" who jump on any cause so they have an excuse to be angry and bully others! I will refrain voicing my opinion in that regard as much as I can. No promises!

If the blog is going to survive, if I am going to survive I have to reorganize my priorities. Simplify my life somewhat. Eliminate unnecessary stress. I spent most of the day looking at my coins, researching on the internet and watching YouTube videos. It was about 110 degrees today so needless to say there was no yard work. I didn't even sweep the porch!

Anyway, that's what I did today! Hope everyone is having a nice , peaceful weekend!

the rat

6 comments:

  1. "Simplify my life somewhat. Eliminate unnecessary stress." Now you are talking good stuff. If I had not done that ten years ago I feel that I would not be writing this or anything else today, my 71st birthday. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First HAPPY BIRTHDAY Barney! I hope you have a terrific day! I am touched that you would take the time out of your important day to comment. Have to much fun today old friend!

      Delete
  2. Hot and muggy yesterday but thunder and some rains rolled in last night. Now its cloudy and muggy this morn. But slightly cooler. I like the new tone of your upbeat blog site. Take care Mr Rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather channel keeps saying 20 percent! We have only had one good rain this entire monsoon season. Temperatures are back to normal for around here. Around 105 or so! That is cool compared to before. I will try and stay as upbeat as my blog. That would be nice! thanks.....

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of simple...and honest which I feel you are.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ms Dora. I am trying......

      Delete

No negativity! No snide remarks or insults. Just be nice and I'll gladly post your comments.