Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday Post-Sanitized for Your Protection!

I've been nice and avoided controversy lately. No political posts, no insulting morons and fanatics. Just pleasant posts about coins and cleaning them and a few YouTube videos that  I liked and wanted to share.

I will continue to refrain from voicing my opinion for the time being. I will watch and wait and see what happens. I will say this: taking down the flags and the statues is WRONG! Anyone who can't see that will probably stare at the eclipse tomorrow and go blind anyway! In other words: STUPID! No, I forgot that most of them never look up past the height of an offensive flag! They are probably safe.

I don't claim to be a coin collector. Most coin collectors now days are suffering from some kind of "psychotic condition" if you ask me. Putting on white gloves and getting a hard on over an error coin like they just found the Holy Grail! I am not going to spend my life looking for the one coin that will make me rich. You have as much chance of doing that as you do winning the lottery.

I don't seal  my coins up in special containers unless they come that way in which case I leave them in it. I like touching the coins. Hearing them rattle against each other. I miss slot machines that paid out in coins. That sound is like no other! I like the history and the art. Coins tell a story. Most collectors are to busy worrying about mint marks and grading to enjoy the nostalgia.

I collect silver as a hedge. No one makes any money saving any more. Best you can do is retain your wealth. Invest it in something tangible. Poor people have no business in the stock market. It's like gambling-if you can't afford to lose don't play. I don't have any one to leave my prized possessions to when I die. The Mrs. will get everything if she out lives me but after she is gone I think I will leave everything to the Disabled Veterans and the Humane Society. Take care of my fellow vets and the poor cats and dogs .Wow! got all morbid there for a minute!

I'll write a better post soon! I need some cookies and another cup of coffee!

the Rat

10 comments:

  1. if there's a total breakdown, mercury dimes will be the best. you can trade a mercury dime for a ham sandwich but you don't want to give an ounce of silver for sandwich or chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that day ever comes I imagine you can get a sandwich for a 22long! I do agree that small amounts are good. I like Mercury dimes for the memories of my childhood. I hope it never comes to that. People are just one crisis away from becoming savages as it is. The downfall of civilization or societal breakdown won't be as romantic as the movies make it out to be.

      Delete
  2. At 71 I think America will outlive me but it is looking rough for my adult son and much worse for my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our great grandchildren will live in an entirely different world I suspect. In some ways I am glad I won't be here to see it.

      Delete
  3. I started dabbling in cryptcurrencies lately. Have made 40% return over 6 weeks. At my bank this would require 60 years.
    But it could all crash tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is that 40 percent return in real money or "cryptocurrency"? Can you cash out and run? I don't know anything about any of that. I like beans and cornbread and my money in a coffee can under the bed! This old hillbilly will stay with silver and gold. They been around a long time! good luck!

      Delete
  4. Real money. I can convert to cash anytime I want to. I'm not putting much into bitcoin...just a few hundred. I still have a decent bit of silver and Mylar sealed bags of beans, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also invest in copper and lead! ha ha ha Some full metal jacket and some hollow points! It's pretty apparent to me that you are a lot smarter than me. My beans come in a real nice burlap! ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  5. I watched my son assemble an AR15 kit last weekend, then reloaded a few rounds of .223.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You raised him right! Did you know the real meaning of AR is Asshole Remover! ha ha ha The civil war should be interesting. We got most of the guns and millions of rounds of ammo and the other side ain't sure which bathroom to use! ha ha ha ha

      Delete

Why comment at all if you can't say something nice?